There is always something happening at ratio: stay up to date with our project and team news here.
The Minister for Planning recently announced the establishment of the Development Facilitation Programme (DFP). This is a continuation of the work undertaken by the Priority Project Fast-Track Pilot Programme to expedite development approvals to support the construction industry during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The DFP includes a dedicated team at DELWP who will facilitate the planning applications or planning scheme amendments for accelerated assessment and determination.
Eligibility criteria for projects to be considered under this pathway are generally summarised below:
- Projects which have state or regional significance
- Projects which deliver significant public benefit
- Projects which have short to medium term economic impact including both construction employment and ongoing employment
- Projects which are investment and shovel ready
- Technical and compliance matters should have a resolution pathway (in accordance with the Planning and Environment Act, 1987)
- Views of stakeholders are known
- The project has been unreasonably delayed
Submissions for consideration under this program are to be lodged via an online portal. Once assessed against the eligibility criteria, applicants will be notified of their success where additional information will be requested.
The program will assist with projects that have been held up by the effects of the pandemic by streamlining the assessment process and expediting development approvals.
Ratio Consultants has been involved with projects which have been considered eligible for the previous Priority Project Fast-Track Pilot Program including:
- 462-482 Swan Street, Richmond - a $130 million, 13-storey office building with ground floor retail.
- 36-52 Wellington Street, Collingwood – multi storey office building with food and drink premises.
- 103-109 and 115-117 Boundary Road in North Melbourne – two multi-storey apartment buildings with retail and office space.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the DFP future including application requirements, please don’t hesitate to contact our office.
Author: Ansuya Bhat, Senior Planner
Follow ratio: on Linkedin for more news.